Register your email or mobile device at https://purchasealerts.visa.com/vca-web/check to receive Visa Purchase Alerts and know immediately when your debit card is used for a credit/signature transaction without your PIN.
With Visa Purchase Alerts, you can choose the notification that matches your needs - such as transactions exceeding a set amount, international transactions or transactions made online or over the phone.
- Security – Detect and help stop fraudulent use of your card.
- Control – Know where your money is going.
- Convenience – Enjoy the convenience of real-time alerts.
CHIP DEBIT CARD
You have received a new debit card featuring a small chip that makes using your card more secure.
Using your Southwest Bank debit card at chip-enabled registers is easy. Just follow the prompts on the chip reader. At terminals that are not chip enabled, just swipe your card and follow the prompts as usual.
PREVENT FRAUD WHILE TRAVELING
Debit card fraud is on the rise across the country. To minimize the risk of fraud, Southwest Bank may block the use of your debit card outside your normal spending area. If you plan to travel, please call us so we can temporarily unblock your card while you are gone. Also call us if you have an issue with your card while traveling.
Follow these tips to make using your debit card easier when traveling:
- Monitor card activity through text notifications, mobile banking and/or telephone banking to verify transactions.
- Make sure your contact numbers are updated. If we detect possible fraud, someone from Southwest Bank or our card company will contact you to verify a transaction.
- Carry a back-up form of payment such as a credit card.