Jump to navigation
Debit Card Safety
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately to Customer Service – 1-800-792-5669 (Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm) or 1-800-791-2525 after business hours.
- Notify Customer Service if you change your address, phone number or email. Keeping current contact information on file with the bank can reduce losses if your card is lost or stolen.
- Treat your card like cash - Keep it in a safe place.
- Keep your personal identification number (PIN) to yourself. Do not tell anyone your PIN or use a number that others would know - for example your birthday or anniversary.
- Shop carefully online - Only use secure sites and network connections you trust.
- Check your account regularly for any unauthorized activity. Our convenient Online Banking and 24 Hour Phone Bank allow easy access to your account.
- Never disclose personal information in response to an unsolicited request by phone or email.
- Protect your card’s magnetic stripe by not exposing it to magnetic objects.
- Don’t use your debit card at a device that has an attachment connected to the card reader or keypad.
- Observe your surroundings before conducting a transaction – If anyone or anything appears to be suspicious, leave the area at once.
- Only use well-lit, unobstructed ATMs - If an ATM is obstructed from view or poorly lit, go to another location.
- Minimize time spent at the ATM when conducting a transaction - Have your card out and ready to use. When your transaction is complete, immediately leave the area. Never count your money while standing at the ATM and never leave your receipt.
- Be aware of any unusual activity at the ATM - If you are prompted to enter your PIN twice, or if you notice unusual messages on the screen, go to another location.
- Block the view of others when using an ATM - Be aware of others waiting to use the terminal. Shield the keypad when entering your PIN.
- Look for possible fraudulent devices attached to an ATM - If the ATM appears to have any attachments or alterations to the card slot or keypad, do not use the terminal.
- Drive-through ATM Safety - Always use a terminal in a well lit area. Keep your doors locked and engine running. When your transaction is complete, leave the area immediately. If anyone follows you, drive to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.